ANCE is a non-governmental, non-profit organisation based in Athens, Greece. It was established in 1996 and has succeeded to create an extensive network of collaborators and volunteers for the promotion of sustainable development and the support of vulnerable social groups in the European Union and the developing countries.
ANCE is collaborating with other non-governmental organisations, local development agencies, local authorities, Universities and research centres, and the private sector in Greece and abroad, for:
- the promotion of democracy and the protection of human rights
- combating all kinds of racism, xenophobia, marginalisation and social exclusion
- the support of populations affected by natural disasters and wars
- environmental protection and preservation of the cultural heritage
- the support of entrepreneurship and sustainable economic development in areas of Central and Eastern Europe, Asia, Africa and Latin America
- the implementation of income generating projects for the weakest and most disadvantaged groups of society
- the improvement of women‘s access to the labor market
- the sensitization of EU citizens on the problems of the developing world.